Take a tour of this blog to feel the absolute experiences in Malaysia and the world.
Travelling in the company of those we love is home in motion. -Leigh Hunt
The best education you will never get is travelling. Nothing teaches you more then exploring the world & accumulating experiences. -Mark Paterson
Travel is like an endless university. You never stop learning. -Harvey Lloyd
Of all the books in the world, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport. - A. Nonymous
HOME MALAYSIA ABROAD TIPS PRESENTATION MYLINK DIGITAL LIBRARY ABOUT US

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

PERFORMING UMRAH FOR THE FIRST TIME, MECCA & MEDINA

Writer: Nur Shahirah binti Anuar (A169683)

Nabawi Mosque
The most long journey trip that I went through is performing umrah with my parents after I finished my SPM because I scored perfectly, dad bought me a camera one week before performing umrah. It’s one of my greatest achievements because at that moment, I couldn’t believe I can perform umrah at such very young age. Sure it takes a lot of
preparations such as we have to attend almost 3 days talk session about umrah on how to perform it, buy umrah stuff-my mom is very excited about that part and also make family gathering which is reciting Yassin and du’as before we go there. At first, I felt little bit bothered about performing umrah because I am not fully ready yet, but my mom did convince me a lot. She said, there’s no such a perfect people do exist in this world. Performing umrah is just one of signs how devoted we are in the journey of seeking God’s forgiveness- my mom is very emotional woman. From that moment, I know that I can do it. I am not remember the name of that travel agency that my parents registered to, but what I am so sure is, the owner that travel agency is my mom’s friend. Our plane’s schedule was during at 12 noon and it takes almost 8 hours. That also was my very first time to take flight and have my own passport. 8 hours is very long journey for me. I couldn’t imagine how people take flight from Kuala Lumpur to London. My back ached a lot really but meals that prepared by Saudia Airlines are very worth it. I love how the biryani chicken tasted.



Upon arrival at Jeddah, the visa process and also immigration process, it take forever hours with very long queue and I can see different human’s behavior that come from different countries but with only one intention- performing umrah.


The umrah journey takes almost 14 days and the very first week at there, I faced a lot of struggles to fit with the weather and also felt homesick sometimes. During at that time, there’s sandstorm, so I wear ‘purdah’ to avoid difficulty in breathing. My mom bought a lot of jubbahs, I think for entire of my family I guess including my cousins, my aunts and also uncles. While me? I love taking photo, the environment and also the food especially biryani rice. I did got visited Raudhah twice with my mom even though most of the time,  they pushing each other. So, it’s very miracle if you can get to pray at very long time in front of Muhammad’s tomb. You have to be prepared mentally and physically ready because they will push you just for their sake. I love about performing umrah at Mecca’s part because yes it required your energy to walk. As soon as we arrived at Mecca, we already prepared to perform our umrah. But surprisingly, it doesn’t take too much time to perform it except for tawaf thing. I think tawaf is the most challenging part when it comes for umrah. But I guess if you focused to do it properly, if God will, you can do it with ease. After finished our umrah, on the next day my mom asked me to come with her to buy some dates with group of her members at there- because we went umrah by grouping under the same travel agent. Our hotel is not that far from Masjidil Haram, so when the time for praying comes, we perform our daily prayers at there too and also collecting Zam Zam waters.
I guess that’s the most fun part about my lifetime in travelling. I really hope I can go at there again with my whole family. I think that’s more fun because we can face the hardships together. I guess this is the end. Thank you for reading my story.
More photos: 






       

2 comments: